The Bureau of Justice Assistance is currently accepting applications for the Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding Program (CESF). Funds can be used by police, fire, and EMS departments to procure critical safety equipment and services for COVID-19 response including HAAS Alert Safety Cloud®.
First responders and fleets always require protection in the field, but during a public health crisis, every responder and vehicle is irreplaceable. More than 100,000 first responder collisions occur every year, and collisions are the first or second leading cause of line-of-duty deaths for firefighters, EMTs, and police officers annually.
Early data suggests that while stay-at-home orders are reducing overall traffic, drivers are moving at higher speeds and just as likely to crash into emergency vehicles at a time when they're needed most.
Real-time Digital Alerting
Safety Cloud® helps prevent emergency vehicle collisions and makes roads safer for first responders and other drivers. Equippable on any emergency apparatus, Safety Cloud delivers real-time digital alerts to nearby drivers through Waze and similar services when responders have their lights and sirens activated.
- Digital Collision Prevention: Protect responders in the field by digitally alerting drivers when they approach active emergency vehicles.
- Real-time Situational Awareness Dashboard: Monitor fleet location and status in real-time on any device.
- Monthly Reporting: Track the number of drivers receiving your alerts alongside other key metrics.
COVID-19 Response Enhancement
Safety Cloud can enhance COVID-19 response and management. Departments are using the service as a critical data tool for improving community health and safety.
- Incident Mapping: Identify response hotspots and trends with incidents and calls/runs history.
- Interoperable for GIS and Traffic Management: Share the location and status of emergency vehicles with coordinating agencies.
- Designate COVID-19 Response Units: Customize and label fleet vehicles for targeted tracking of COVID-dedicated response vehicles.
We Can Help
With deadlines approaching and many departments already understaffed, HAAS Alert is helping departments through the application process.
Click below to submit a form to connect with our team and secure funds for your crew today.